We are artists, writers, and storytellers.
We help you connect with other creators and industry pros, learn the biz of kids comics, and showcase your work!
We host amazing events each week. We talk to some of the top professionals in the graphic novel industry, including agents, publishers, and creators.
A Message from
Being a working artist is hard. Crossing the bridge from comics to children’s books, or from children’s books to comics, is hard. Just getting started is hard!
I started KCU as a place to share resources and build connections among creators. It’s a place to make things easier for you. And more fun!
Don’t try to do everything by yourself. Join us.
“I love Kids Comic Unite. Finding my community of peers has made a HUGE difference for me. I really value the interviews Janna arranges, from great comickers to marketers to editors, & more. I've learned a lot and it's made a tangible difference in my journey. Most of all: I've made new friends who let me babble on & on about comics - as long as they get turns to babble too!”—Arp Laszlo
“I found KCU to be a vibrant community of graphic novelists that are serious about their craft. We can help each other in meaningful ways and share our diverse knowledge bases and perspectives with one another.”—Stan Yan
“KCU is an amazingly supportive network of 🔥 writers ✍🏾✍🏻 and illustrators 👩🏾🎨👨🏻🎨 who have a passion for sequential 🖼! If you’re 👀ing to surround yourself with a ⭕️ of like-minded creators who are naturally inspirational, generous with their knowledge & genuinely interested in 💪🏾💪🏻supporting fellow creatives? Gather here; like me, you’ll find the 🚪 is always open!”—Dez Sargeant-Blair
Join our amazing group of writers,
artists, and storytellers for free!
- Join a community of creators
- Learn from professionals in the field via free live events
- Get answers to your specific questions from fellow creators
Includes all benefits of
free membership plus:
- Weekly events with industry pros
- Access to our rich video archive
- Live critique opportunities
- Listing in the Talent Directory (Coming Soon)
Our intensive course,
offered once per year
- 20 weeks of in-depth, structured lessons and office hours
- Video replays of all sessions
- Weekly meetings with small critique group
- Complete a career-building final project